Thursday, July 16, 2020

The Proposal is Available Now

A screen shot of a person

Description automatically generated


AVAILABLE NOW!


Title: The Proposal

Author: Maya Hughes

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Trope: Fake Relationship, Enemies to Lovers, Workplace

Cover Design: Najla Qamber Designs

Release Date: July 16, 2020


PURCHASE ON AMAZON

Or Read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited

A glass of wine

Description automatically generated



About The Proposal

When I envisioned Zara Logan dropping to her knees in front of me, this wasn’t what I had in mind...

 

I was expecting a lot less glaring and a lot more moaning.

 

Instead, she's proposing an enticing deal that I can't bear to walk away from.

 

To land one of the city’s biggest clients, she wants us to put our differences aside and play fake fiancés for the next thirty days.

 

So, I slip the diamond ring onto her finger and agree to play the perfect fiancé. How hard can this be? 

 

A hell of a lot harder than I thought... 

 

She’s infuriatingly stubborn and she thinks I’m a cocky jerk with an enormous ego. (She’s right, but I can definitely back it up...)

 

As our long days stretch into even later nights, it’s getting harder to remember we’re only playing pretend, which means one thing. 

 

She won’t be faking it for long…

 

The Proposal is a brand-new series from Maya Hughes. Get ready for a fun, fake fiancé romance to kick off the SWANK series. 



Excerpt From The Proposal

“You want me to propose to you?” With muscles tense and tight, she stared at me before crossing the room to me in two strides.

“It’ll make a wonderful story to tell if anyone asks. Or we can call the whole thing off and confess, but you’re the one who led us down this path with the relationship talk. Kathleen would probably kick us off the project. Or maybe just you.” 

Her gaze narrowed. “Just when I think you’re not a complete asshole. Fine.” The word shot out like a nail gun. Covering her mouth, she mumbled into her hand. “Will you pretend to be my fake fiancé for the next thirty days?” 

I cupped my hand around my ear. “That wasn’t exactly romantic and you’re not even on bended knee. Boyz II Men would be disappointed.” I dangled the ring in front of her. 

She squeezed her forehead and snatched it out of my hand. 

I braced myself for her to fling it straight into my face, but she didn’t. Hiking up the skirt of her suit an inch, she lowered herself to the floor with her gaze trained on mine. The intensity of her emerald gaze sent my blood thrumming through my veins. Her thick eyelashes framed her eyes and the ill wishes she was trying to sear into my brain. 

But damn if her sinking to her knees in front of me didn’t flash me into a whole different set of circumstances with her where she wasn’t wishing me dead and I wasn’t trying to steal this project out from under her. 

“Leo Charles Wilder, will you please agree to be my fake fiancé for the next thirty days and make me the most miserable woman on earth?” She held out the ring in her palm.

I tapped my finger against my lips and stared up at the ceiling. “When you put it like that…”


Purchase TODAY! 

Amazon US

Amazon UK

Amazon CA

Amazon AU


A group of people posing for the camera

Description automatically generated


Review:

Zara is an extremely hard worker, and unfortunately she never seems to catch a break, which leaves her treading water. She works at an event planner company where she is taken advantage of, but she needs her job. She not only needs to pay her bills, but the expensive tuition for her brothers school. She barely has time to sleep at night before she's back in the office for another day of work, usually before everyone else.

When she's given an opportunity to plan her own event, things get off to a rocky start. She has to actually plan an event with a rival event planning company, but she takes the opportunity, knowing the bonus will swing all of her bills with some left over. Unfortunately, she didn't know she'd have to work with the infuriating man who squashed her breakfast and spilled her coffee that very morning.

Leo Wilder is a man who doesn’t know where to go in his life. The injury that ended his NFL career could have been so much worse and he knows that, but he has no prospects for a job still related to sports. After visiting his uncle and hearing that his event planning business needs help, Leo offers his services. He has no idea how hard it will be, in fact, he things it will be easy.

Leo just might rethink his offer when he sees who he has to work with.

Leo and Zara get of to a rocky start, but manage to pull off a great event. Whether it is their fresh take on things or beginners luck, no one will know. Unexpectedly that wasn't what caught the eye of the client. It was the fact that the client thought they were a couple and a misunderstanding surrounding one engagement ring. (The misunderstanding is really cute and will put a smile on your face). To pull off the rest of the deal they have to continue to be "engaged" and considering how they originally met this will take the best acting of their lives.

However, the longer they spend time together and the more their walls come down, the more they realize that first impressions aren’t always correct. Just how much acting are they doing? In fact, it might be harder to walk away when everything is all said and done than they thought.

This is just the beginning of a new series and you get insight into how this new series SWANK will continue from here. I don't want to give away what direction Maya is planning yet, but I'm really excited for what direction she is taking this series. It's new and nothing like she's done yet and I really think you'll like where she's taking this one. pay her bills, but the expensive tuition for her brothers school, Zara barely has time to sleep at night before she's back in the office for another day of work.

GOODREADS

Add The Proposal 

Vote for The Proposal in July Most Anticipated Romance on Goodreads → https://bit.ly/JulyGrRomance


PLAYLIST

Visit Spotify for #Inspiration of The Proposal → https://bit.ly/TheProposalPlaylist


ABOUT MAYA HUGHES

Maya Hughes can often be found sneaking in another chapter while hiding in the bathroom from her kids! :-) I’m a romance writer who loves taking inspiration from everyday life, namely my husband and biggest fan. Inspiration also strikes when I hear a song, meet someone new or daydream while at soccer practice.

 

I’m the mom of three little ones, the wife to an amazing husband and also work full time. Some of my favorite things are cinnamon rolls, white wine, laughing until I can’t breathe and traveling with my family.

FIND MAYA ONLINE

Newsletter → http://bit.ly/MayaHughesNL

BookBub → http://bookbub.com/authors/maya-hughes 

Facebook Author Page → https://www.facebook.com/mayahugheswrites/
Become a Monarch → http://bit.ly/MayaHughesGroup

Twitter → https://twitter.com/mhugheswrites

Book+Main → https://bookandmainbites.com/Maya
Pinterest → https://www.pinterest.com/mayahugheswrites 

Instagram → https://www.instagram.com/mayahugheswrites/ 

Goodreads → https://www.goodreads.com/mayahughes

Amazon → http://amazon.com/author/mayahughes


No comments:

Post a Comment