Saturday, October 26, 2019

Shadows Teaser


We’re celebrating  the second #freakyfriday with another sneak peek of SHADOWS, coming October 29th from New York Times bestseller Kristen Proby! 



“We found something!”
Both Asher and I hurry to the master bedroom where a team has been searching.
“I pulled up this rug, and sure enough, there was a hole cut in the floor,” Officer Thibideaux says. “And I found this.”
He points to the box sitting on the bed. It’s made of wood and has something sculpted into the lid.
“It’s a star,” I say, staring down at it.
“It’s a pentagram.” I spin at Brielle’s voice behind me. “I couldn’t figure out why he could see me when I was dream-walking, or how he could touch me in the dream. I’m pretty sure Sarah’s sensitive and may not know it, and that’s why she could see me. But him? I couldn’t figure it out at first.
“But after being here, in his house, and having my own shields down somewhat, I know. Not only is he psychic, but he’s also a witch. That’s a pentagram. I don’t know how long he’s been practicing. I don’t know how powerful he was or where he learned his craft. I don’t know if he comes from a line of witches. But I’ll start doing some research and ask around. But you all need to know before you open that box that it most likely has a protective spell on it, and it may have a booby trap hex, as well.”
“A booby trap hex?” Asher asks, a smirk appearing. “Is that the official term?”
“No, the official term is it could burn your hand off if you touch it. Does that help?”
Thibideaux shakes his head and reaches for the box. When a bolt of lightning shocks his hand, he backs right off in surprise.
“How do we open it, then?” Asher asks.
Millie walks into the room, takes a deep breath, and smiles. “Because the one who cast the spell is dead, I can break it. Give me some room, please.”
We all stand back and watch with rapt attention as she splays her hands over the box, looks up to the sky, and begins to chant.

Want more of the SHADOWS sneak peek? Click here >>> http://bit.ly/2kaJwJE

Pre-order your copy today! 
Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/Shadows



Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2lErqQk

No comments:

Post a Comment